- 0 Comments
- The Value of Fellowship
Sermon: The Value of Fellowship
Preacher: Pastor Uyi Agho
Date: 29 May 2016
Bible Verses: Hebrews 10: 22, 25; Psalms 133:2-3
As Christians, when we gather, we come to meet God and not man. Therefore, no amount of effort is too small to put into fellowship and church meetings. God enjoys and delights in fellowshipping with man. Fellowship with God and man gives us strength as the joy of the lord (fellowship with God) is our Strength, Psalm 91:2. In the beginning of the world, God was always fellowshipping with man in the cool of the evening. In Luke 2 & 3, it was the custom of Jesus to go to the synagogue and fellowship. He began this a custom as far back as when he was a little boy and continued even until old age.
Fundamentals of fellowship
- We create room for God to come into us Revelation 3: 20
- The act of fellowship must be a deliberate action until it becomes a habit, 2 Kings 4:8. Make it a priority, Matthew 6:33
- Fellowship generates unity. The first time the Holy Spirit moved in the book of Acts, the disciples were gathered in unity and were fellowshipping together, Acts 1 & 2.
- Fellowship is a created atmosphere to get connected to God.
- Fellowship should not be done to fulfill all righteousness. It should be done because as Christians, we love God. Don’t be lazy or make excuses.
- Focus on the right mission. Let the mindset and focus be on God and not other things
Why People Avoid fellowship
- Sin or guilt. The more you run away from God, the farther you are away from God. God will always look out for you and forgive you.
- Quarrel or bitterness. Some Christians have some form of bitterness against other people in church but any form of dispute can be resolved. Paul and Peter in the book of Acts
- Lack of fulfillment
- Inferiority Complex
The Value of Fellowship
- The blessings of God are derived in fellowship.
- Fellowship deepens your relationship with God and Man. People who fellowship together intercede with one another
- Iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17, Ecclesiastes 10:10.
- Fellowship becomes a place of shelter and protection
- Spiritual development starts in fellowship whether as a new born babe or a minister of the word
- Useful information is gained during fellowship. Information gotten from the house of God is divinely ordered. The word of God is spirit and life. It is light unto darkness